Kichwa Tembo Bateleur Camp: Masai Mara
Ministry of Tourism classification: 05*****
Kichwa Tembo Bateleur Camp
- A magnificent exclusive elegant camp located in a dense forest canopy and unobstructed views of the game-rich plains and Oloololo Escarpment as a backdrop. The main guest area has a reception area and a comfortable lounge with a fireplace.
- Bateleur Camp is located at the Masai Mara Game Reserve. The distance from Nairobi is about 285 km (06 hours) by road and 45 minutes by air to Kichwa Tembo Airstrip serviced by scheduled flights twice daily from Nairobi and once daily from Samburu and Nanyuki. It takes 15 minutes from the airstrip to the Camp.
Accommodation Masai Mara Safari
- The camp consists of 09 tents with a capacity of 18 with spacious tents built on wooden deck with wooden verandas overlooking reserve. The tents are comfortable with fine antique furnishing, canvas, traditional shingle, highly polished hardwood, rugs, leather sofas, as well as a wide selection of library books. The interiors are reminiscent of the old colonial classic safaris En-suite bathroom (shower), writing desk, subtle lighting, ceiling fans, twin hand basins, a safe, leather chairs and hairdryer and Personal Butler Service
Personal Butler Service and the camp is open throughout the year.Food & Beverage Facilities
Dining area has a verandah with view of the Masai Mara. Guests have an option to dine in their tents on the services of a personal Butler and room service. Special bush dinners arranged. The incredible effort, the surprise and the spectacular settings under the stars are an unforgettable African bush experience.General Facilities
Recreational Facilities at Bateleur Camp
- Adapter and Converter plugs,
- Air-conditioning (fan),
- Generator and Solar Power
- Open Land Rovers
Conference Facilities at Bateleur Camp
- Day and night game viewing drives
- Escorted Nature and bird walks
- Maasai cultural village visits
- Hot air balloon Safaris
- Fishing at Lake Victoria
- Swimming pool
Conference and board meetings can be arranged for a minimum group size of two and maximum group size of 18.Climate
Hot during the day and chilly in the evenings. Rainy months are April, May and November.